Google Eco-System Linking & Initial Analytics Reporting Set Up & Analysis
- Link Google merchant center,
- Link adwords
- Link Search console
- Link Google optimize
- Set up enhanced ecommerce reporting is set up on your Shopify site, so you know which channels, audiences & buyer segments convert the best.
- Add Google Tag Manager container to your site.
- Optimise your default Google Analytics channel definitions so you can see paid social from general social media when “utm” tags are used. (+ SMS and Push Notifications if you use those).
- Make sure that “utm” tags are correctly set from your email service provider – eg MailChimp
- Make sure you have the 3 recommended Google Analytics views – raw, test and main.
- Filter your own IP address from traffic reports & known bots
- Filter payment providers from referral sources.
- Ensure site search is on.
- Verify everything is set up correctly.