Chatbot User Experience Checklist
These are the quality assurance checks to be made when testing a bot prior to handing to customers.
The idea is that through the execution of these steps a better user experience will reflect well on the brand that developed the bot.
This should lead to higher NPS scores, more shares and more sales if appropriate.
- Blocks of text in small enough bites to be read in time before next message moves the screen.
- Simple language.
- No spelling mistakes.
- Appropriate slang use.
- No dead ends.
- Easy restart.
- Relevant supporting images and videos.
- Rating Conversations / Experience with a NPS score that asks for improvements and sharing.
- Offer Additional Assistance and Thank You at the End of the Conversation.
- Request Information Early.
- Use of light humour to keep the bot entertaining.
- Lots of interaction with the user to keep them engaged.
- Ensure that the information provided is on point and valuable.
- Having the goal that it is not only an automation tool, but a form of communication alike real human interaction.
- Adding CTAs that are straight to point is essential as well.
- Make the bot more conversational and less robotic.
- Tag accordingly for more relevant and personal follow up.
- Easy access from main menu.
- Multiple menu options in bot to allow people to choose their own path.
What else? Please comment here http://bit.ly/2OJAa1o
(Posted started & collated by me, contributions from the Manychat community 25/9/18)
Google Document Version Linked Here
If you are interested in seeing some demo bots please see the link here.